Table of Contents
Below Is A List Of Seventeen Affiliate Marketing Strategies For Affiliate Marketer Who Is Willing To Succeed Online.
These affiliate marketing strategies will help you to build a brand that adds value to your customer, build trust and also build a foundation for recurring affiliate revenue or passive income.
What is Affiliate Marketing?
Simply put, affiliate marketing is the process of earning a commission for each sale made from the customer who buys from the merchant’ products or services when you refer the customers after promoting to them.
You look for a very good product or service that will solve some peoples’ problems or relieve them of their pains or that will give them the gratification they crave for. Then you promote the products to your prospects, and earn a percentage of the profit you make for your merchant. It’s a win-win affair.
Online affiliate marketing business is probably one of the fastest ways to start earning money online within the shortest time with least efforts. You don’t have to create your own product, or go through the stress of product launch and marketing strategies for the products yourself for you to make money online.
How Does Affiliate Marketing Work?
You need an Affiliate Marketing Plan to succeed.
- The first step when starting affiliate marketing business is to research very well on a niche that would generate good level of traffic and sales for your promotion.
- Then join an Affiliate program through any of the affiliate marketing network like Clickbank.com or Clicksure.com or Amazon.com or Jvzoo.com.
- Clickbank has over 10,000 digital products in its market place while Amazon.com and cj.com (formerly Commission Junction) are for physical products. Amazon has over 10,000 digital and physical products in its marketplace.
- Choose the products that you want to sell.
- Do your keyword research on the chosen products.
- Every affiliate program will offer you with your unique affiliate ID as text links, banners and other forms of marketing resources you can use for your promotion, that would be used to identify your referral. Copy this affiliate links and place them on your articles or reviews on your website to promote to your visitors of your website. When any of your visitors click through on these links to the merchant’s site and buys a product from the merchant, you make a commission as a referrer or an affiliate marketer.
Different affiliate programs can use different payment methods such as:
- Pay per Sale: In this type of affiliate program, the merchant pays you a commission, when a sale is made. This commission is a percentage of the sale price of the product or service.
- Pay per Click: In this type of affiliate program you get paid based on the number of click throughs of visitors you refer to the Merchant’s website from your affiliate site and link, once the required action is taken. A sale may not necessarily be made for you to earn commission in this case.
- Pay per Lead: You refer a visitor to the merchant’s landing or opt-in page. You get paid once your referred visitors provide their contact information on the opt-in form by filling out a simple contact form.
Benefits Of Affiliate Marketing Business And Why Should You Go Into It
Affiliate marketing business is considered to be one of the world’s fastest growing and best internet marketing techniques to earn money online for over a decade now.
- You Can Work from home, In The Convenience O f Your Home. Even In Your Pyjamas: You don’t have to join the rat race, worry about getting stuck in traffic every morning and evening. You can handle your business and work in the comfort of your own home.
- It Is Cost effective: You don’t have to worry about the cost of producing your own products, launching it and customer care cost. The product is already developed by the merchant. All the marketing resources are in most cases provided for your promotion.
- You have More Time For Your Family. You don’t have to rush out early and come back home late almost every day.
- You Work At Your Own Leisure. You are not under any pressure from any boss to deliver within a specified time.
- Most Affiliate Products Have Global Market: With internet marketing gives you can reach out to people of different ages, all over the world easily.
- No Requirement For Storage And Shipping: You don’t have to handle storage of products even where you are promoting physical products, packaging or shipping of the products. They are all taken care of by the merchant or their network companies.
- No customer support: You don’t need to provide any customer support or deal with consumer complaints as the merchant’s support handles this.
- Passive income And Recurring Income: A regular income from commission earned as long as you continue with the affiliate marketing and promotion. In the case of services such as domain names, website hosting, and a host of others you refer a customer once and continue to get monthly or annual commission for an effort made only once.
Tips on Affiliate Marketing Strategies when Starting Your Affiliate Marketing Business That Can Make You Become a Successful Affiliate Marketer Fast
1. Only Choose Quality Products That Will Add Value To Your Customers
- Choosing quality products will help you get more returning sales. Most affiliate marketing marketers earn a large percentage of their commissions from to returning visitors to their web sites.
- It is in your best interest to select a quality products, even if you are not offering the cheapest item on the market. Test different products before deciding what you want to sell.
2. Know Your Market And Their Needs
Try to understand the market needs of your prospects and look for products that are closely relevant to the topic of your site.
Getting to know your audience will help you generate more sales. You should do plenty of research on the customers you want to target, for instance by talking to other sellers or by looking for marketing studies on this niche. Communicating with your customers is another great way to learn more about your niche. You will find that selling products to an audience you have a lot in common with is easier.
Affiliate marketing to the wrong people can become very overwhelming and a waste of time and efforts. All you need in order to be successful is a handful of right products that would generate interest, click-throughs and sales.
3. Choose Your Niche The Right Way
Many newbies to affiliate marketing most often do not research from a broad market such as golf to a more targeted and lucrative niches such as golf swing, or from wedding to wedding gown for some sets of buyers. When such broad products and services, are chosen, they are either too general making it nearly impossible to generate enough relevant, sustainable traffic to consistently compete or too competitive and unattainable to succeed.
You can get more traffic by formulating your strategy around niches that are well targeted and with buyers’ keywords. Long Tail Pro Keyword Tool
The keywords would be long tail,with low traffic. But when combined together many of such keywords add up quickly generating additional variation of keywords that are not intentionally targeted.
If you are on a lean budget, you can use Jaaxy, one of the best free keyword research tools online. Jaaxy keyword research tool is an online free keyword research tool you can use for 30 searches free.
4. Research the Buying Intent or Demand of Affiliate Product
If you choose an affiliate product that has very low demand then it would be difficult to make many sales to compensate you for your efforts and investment. You are not going to get many sales no matter how hard you try on the long run.
This could lead to frustration.
So it is equally important to research the market demand or buying before you invest your time and money on a product that you want to promote your audience.
There are many ways to confirm this. Using Google search result to confirm the numbers of adwords. Using Spyfu.com and many other available methods. If your site is already generating good amount of traffic, you can even conduct an online survey through your visitors giving them incentives that would make many of them to respond. This easily help to some extent.
5. Choose the Right Affiliate Merchant
One of the important Affiliate Marketing Strategies is choosing the right affiliate marketing program. You will get better results if you choose a reliable affiliate marketing program. You should do a lot of research on different programs before choosing one.
You don’t want to choose merchants with poor quality products. Your visitors are buying on your recommendation because of the trust they already have in you. You wouldn’t want them to buy a product following your advice then begin to ask for a refund because they are not happy or satisfied with the performance of the product or service.
Definitely such visitors can never come back to your site or rely on your advice again? Even where they are referred to your site, they will quickly click away. Your credibility would be hurt online in the long run and the word of mouth and circulating any negative information through the social media would further damage your reputation.
Promote the products and service of merchants that offer good customer service with better customer satisfaction.
Do not hesitate to switch to another program if you feel that your program is not good enough. Pay attention to the commissions offered and the resources members have access to.
If you are a beginner, it is best to choose a program that will greatly assist you in properly getting started as a seller, even if this means earning less at this stage of learning process.
When you promote a product or service, you are also promoting the merchant who owns the product or service, their credibility is very important to your success, so endeavor to choose wisely.
6. Build A professional Affiliate Marketing Website That Is Easy To Navigate
One of the most powerful affiliate marketing strategies is to develop a quality website to promote the products you are selling. You will get better results if your website looks good, is easy to navigate with good layout of items that are perceived as valuable.
For a top notch and cheap wordpress hosting, bluehost managed wordpress hosting is the best wordpress hosting site online. Bluehost shared hosting, starts at $3.45 per month.
- Bluehost offers an excellent support that is available 24/7.
- iClick WordPress installs with very simple scripts.
- Free Domain .
- SSH Secure Shell Access.
- Some of the world’s fastest servers.
- An excellent reputation and reviews.
WEALTHY AFFILIATE SITE RUBIX: WORDPRESS WEBSITE BUILDER AND HOSTING FOR FREE
Get your WordPress site ready in less than10 minutes by using WealthyAffiliate SiteRubix.
Without paying for hosting, if you are starting on a shoe string budget, you can have two websites running fast and free in less than ten minutes if you know a little about WordPress. The Wealthy Affiliate
community are all eager and ready to help you to get started and learn the ropes.
Fill Out You domain Name Details And Get Instant Access To SiteRubix Now.
Enter Your Domain Name Here Now To Build Your Free Premium Website.
You could for instance write detailed descriptions of the products you are offering, share some pictures or put together some video tutorials to demonstrate these products on ypur web site.
Share reviews from your customers and encourage potential buyers to send you questions about the items you are promoting. You will sell more products if you put some time and efforts into convincing your audience that these items are valuable.
Read More On Next Page: Affiliate Marketing Strategies #7 – #19
- 10 Starting Tips for New Affiliate Marketers – Affiliate Marketing Beginner’s Guide (12)
- Five Affiliate Marketing Tips To Help You Become A Successful Affiliate (9.6)
- Smart Affiliate Marketing Strategies – Top Affiliate Marketing Tips (9.5)
- Effective Affiliate Marketing Strategies To Make Money As An Affiliate (9.5)
- Ten Affiliate Marketing Tips To Help You Become A Super Affiliate (8.6)
- Affiliate Marketing Tips And Strategies For Your Success (8.1)
- Tips To Consider When Choosing Your Affiliate Marketing Campaign (7.9)