The Importance of Blog Marketing To Your Work From Home Business
Blog marketing is becoming one of the most crucial ways for work at home business owners to get their business on front of prospects who are online in search of what they have to offer.
Blog owners are marketing their business blogs so that they can get the content of their products to the the right online prospects, and make a profit from their blogs.
What is Blog Marketing?
Blog marketing is the process by which you reach out to your business niche within the larger target market through the use of a blog and other components associated with blogging.
Today, there are many blogging platforms to make money online that available to work at home business owners to use.
These include seven types of the Best Blogging Platforms to make money below
1. WordPress either hosted as a sub domain on WP.com server or downloaded and hosted drectly on your own server as your website.com
2. Other third party hosting are Blogger owned by Google.com
The truth about third party hosting is this. WordPress.com or Blogger.com or any other free hosting blogging platform will own and control all the content of your blog posts. They will show their own ads at random for various companies on your blog hosted on their platforms. These ads will compete with your own products or affiliate links. This is a way of compensating for their resources you are using.
- They're in business to make money.
- They will make money off your hard work.
- They can take down your blog if for any reason they feel you have violated their terms even when you have not.
- None of the visitors to your blog would see as serious if your domain name is on another company's platform. Compare a web site like passivehomebusiness.wordpress.com versus self-hosted such as mine: apexhomebusiness.com. Which of the two would appeal to you?
Marketing your blog means you have to get it out there so that others who are interested in what you have to offer as a solution to their problems can find it, read it and buy from your product or service.
Marketing your blog properly is also a great way to generate a lot of commission from other people”s products through affiliate programs when your visitors buy through your using affiliate links to those
programs. Blog marketing when properly done can very well become take your home business to five figures.
Having a home based business by blog marketing would definitely involve that you have to get your blog noticed and accepted as authority site in your niche. You will find that your blogs will do best when you focus on a niche for each blog. For example, if you have a blog about work from home business or make money online or affiliate marketing, you will not want to include anything outside that niche on the blog such as golf or abs that have no relevance to your niche.
This is because the traffic to your blog that visit and read your blog want to learn more about your specific niche of work from home business or make money online or affiliate marketing, and the information you have to provide for them on such. Most of the will never likely be interested in learning anything about any other thing. Once you have overcome the relevancy issue, you are on the right course to online marketing to the right people.
In order to make a living by blog marketing, you need to know every about blogging and internet marketing
If you want to make good money from your blog or you want to gain a serious following that trust you and are ready to buy from what you recommend:
- Then you need to pay for web hosting where you host your blog.
- You need to know the process that must be followed to install the blog and make it search engine optimized.
- You need to learn keyword research in other to get the right prospects and get your web site content ranked in the search engines.
- . You need a mastery of how to write about the things that you are promoting and how to get it ranked in search engine rankings.
- You need to know how to write your copy to engage and convert your prospective customers.
- You must be able to provide content for your readers or prospects or traffic.
- You need to know various ways to bring traffic that would convert to customers to your to your blog.
- You need to build your buyers list so that you can market over and over again to your list through email marketing and milk them like a cash cow.
- As earlier pointed out, one of the important steps of blog marketing is SEO.
- Doing all these and other internet marketing processes, repeating and rinsing the same steps would lead to successful blog marketing and give you online income from your home based business.
Search Engine Optimization
SEO is an acronym for search engine optimization and it consists of dong things, arranging your blog in such a way that the search engines will find it and rank your it for your chosen keywords as high as possible. You must be able to come up within the top ten on the first page of search engines whether Google.com, Bing.com, Yahoo.com or any of the other search engines.
Without search engine optimization your work from home business would be lost among the gazillion of websites that would never see the light of the day. Which also leads to more traffic and leads from your blog. If you do not have time to learn SEO, and apply it to all of your blogs, hiring someone to do this for you might be something that you want to consider. Especially if time is an issue.
Pay per Click is another means by which you can generate a lot of income if done properly in your blog marketing. Video Marketing, Social Media Marketing, that is, gaining traffic or attention through social media sites. For instance, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, are social sites designed to let people share short messages or “updates” with others. You can equally use the same social media sites to promote your blog.
Outsourcing much of your work is something that you will need to do from time to time in order to free yourself of time required to achieve most of the processes mentioned above. It would be impossible or hard to make a substantial amount of money with your blogs on time if you have to do it all.
You may want to hire freelancers to write, to code, to do your social marketing, or to intall various apps that may take ages to install yourself.
- http://fiverr.com/ (becoming the most popular online ),
- http://oDesk.com (very good for programming work),
- http://eLance.com (good for article/content writing and video production),
You need someone that can write quality content for your blogs regularly, someone for your link building, that can leave comments and othe links on other authoritative related blogs with a link back to yours. Spread out all of the duties on a spread sheet and decide how often each chore needs to be done for your blog.
Separate the ones that need to be outsourced. Doing so will help you to be more organized and know what you need to do and when you need to do it. You will be able to prioritize various segments of your business.. Using a spread sheet will also help you to keep track of who is doing what, and keep you from asking more than one person to get one job done.
Blog marketing for a work from home business is not different from any other brick and mortar home business. You are going to get returns according to what you put into it. If you just put in a couple of hours a week into your business, there is no way you wll be able to make a full time five or six figure income from the home business.
If however, you are consistent, and work hard on your blogs every day, no matter how small, it would pay off over time. You will also enjoy the feeling of self satisfaction that you own your own home business, and working for yourself.
The secret is to start today and work hard. That is all you need to become successful at blog marketing and make the income that you are dreaming of. All of your hard work will pay off if you are persistent
and refuse to give up until you succeed.