Table of Contents
Get Your website and content Published on High Ranking Websites
Twelve (12) Effective Low Cost Web Site Promotion Strategies
1. Search Engines Submission
Begin with the pinging of your website content to all major search engines and directories in your blog.
Ensure that you have a sitemap on your site. Connect your sitemap to Google Webmaster Tools, Bing Webmaster Tools and submit all major search engines for quick indexing of your site content. Most of the major search engines have a free submission page for website submission.
These include: Google, Bing, Yahoo, Baidu, Yandex, Excite, AllTheWeb, AllSearchEngines, Northern Light, DogPile, Lycos and AltaVista. Other secondary search engines you can submit to for free include Gigablast and ScrubtheWeb.
Google is the most important search engine you want to be listed in. Google also provides secondary search results to other search engines and directories.
Get your website submitted and listed in as many directories as possible.
2. Directories Submission. List Your Site in Directories
There are many directories that allow website owners to submit their web sites profiles for listing on their sites for free. Set up your business profile on these directories with all the necessary contact information as allowed in the submission form on such sites.
When visitors get to these directories, many of them will be able to click through to your website easily.
These directories are visited by millions of visitors daily looking for information. When you list your website with these directories that are easily indexed by search engines and are found customers easily, they will send traffic to your site. Such highly trafficked sites will bring in loads of traffic and customers to your site.
3. Article Marketing – Write articles and Submit.
The basic concept of article marketing is that you write an article and then submit it for free to various article directories and other relevant websites, blogs, and other related sites. The major qualification is that, you must be able to either write well or submit an outsourced content on topics that other people would be interested in reading. The content promotes your business and the backlink in the resource box on your article, will send free traffic to your website for a long time.
The benefit of article submission to article directories, High PR Web 2.0 Authority Sites, and other popular blogs, as website promotion strategy is that as your articles are published on those popular websites they continue to promote your website throughout the life span of such sites for a long time, without any further effort on your part.
4. Employ the Power of social media to drive traffic to your website.
Social media isn’t just a great place to connect with friends and family; it’s also a great place to promote your website and/or business as so many people are using it. An average online user spends around 33 hours per month on the Internet while about 8 hours of such time are spent on social media.
Engaging in social media marketing can be a great way to get free and low cost website promotion and traffic as these can give you high visibility at low cost if properly done.
For you to be successful in your Social medial marketing, you need to Create a Social Media Plan for your website .
5. Use Video Marketing to Your Advantage
There are several ways you can use video marketing to your advantage online. Millions of people are watching videos online and the trend is growing at a phenomenon rate every year.
Video marketing has become a very important and unavoidable part of strategic marketing conversion.
Facts and Youtube statistics on videos.
Lets look at some fact about Youtube the foremost video submission and sharing site online.
- YouTube gets over 30 million visitors per day. That shows people are watching videos online like crazy every day.
- Over 300 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute which translates to more than 432,000 hours of video uploaded to Youtube everyday!
- Almost 5 billion videos are watched on Youtube every single day.
- Video viewers that log into YouTube every month to watch videos on various subjects amount to over 3.25 billion viewers.
- The average mobile viewing session lasts more than 40 minutes.
- Videos raise your conversion by 80%.
- The number of hours people spend watching videos on YouTube is increasing by 60% year-over-year.
The above staggering figures points to one thing. You can no longer afford to toy or delay video marketing n your online business.
Benefits of Video Marketing to your internet business
- Visitor engagement on your site makes those pages authority posts that Google loves and rewards.
Google rewards your website with higher top ten rankings, page #1 rankings, resulting in more traffic to your site.
- By 2019, global consumer internet video traffic will account for 80% of all consumer internet traffic
- Set up a channel on YouTube, Vimeo and other video submission and video sharing sites.
- Post videos reviews about your affiliate programs, products or service. Include call to action and links back to your site that will allow potential customers to click through to your site.
- You can also post your videos on your website. This strategy alone will increase the Time spent on Page by your visitors. At the same time providing your visitors with more interactive content that they can share with their friends.
- You can even share these videos on popular social media websites like your Facebook page, and encourage people to like them or share them for some benefits.
6. Take the Advantage of Guest Post
Many High traffic websites owners are finding it difficult to publish fresh content every day. They are therefore interested in supply of fresh quality content as guest posts because of Google’s Fresh Factor. Submitting guest posts to such high ranking web sites is one of the best ways to drive more traffic to your site free, even if your business website is brand new.
You offer to write guest posts for such sites. You in turn get at least a free back link to your site from very popular sites through that relationship. If your content is attractive, this strategy would send many of their visitors on those sites to your web site.
This will help you to grow your business while helping them to meet the need of their visitors and growing their business. You provide them with fresh content, and they in turn, provide you with access to their website traffic of potential customers for your business.
7. Develop Strategic Business Joint Ventures
One of the best ways to get your website and company’s name out there is to develop joint ventures with related business owners. A website owner with a large list can promote your business to his or her list that may run to over 100,000 while you offer a product or service that would be beneficial to the owners in form of commission and solution to his list. This will bring profits to both of you.
You can look for business sites that complement your products approach the owners, and, ask for a reciprocal link to your website on their site. Host local events with complementary businesses. Take advantage of these kinds of alliance and watch your website traffic grow along with your company’s profits.
8. Engage In Search Engine Optimization Of Your Website
One of the most important and crucial ways to get your website ranking online is to use search engine optimization techniques to your benefit.
On-Page Site Engine Optimization
Search engine optimization, (SEO), starts with creating content that your customers will love and at the same time meets the standard of search engines no matter their updates. This involves using the right keywords for your content to help the search engines identify the theme of your page in order to serve the most relevant and appropriate content to their users.
Some areas of your website must also be optimized to help the site engines attract the right traffic to your site. Your meta tags and images, page headers should all feature the keywords you are targeting and want your pages to rank for. The keywords will attract the search engine’s unique algorithms when they index your web site content and bring more buyer traffic to your website.
Internal linking of various pages with related keywords is essential part of on-page optimization.
Off-Page Site Engine Optimization
This involves backlinks to your website form other sites, link exchanges or linking within a network of sites and finally pointing back to your web site to give your site link juice from these web sites and increase your page rank.
These links would contain keywords that are pointing back tour site.
Easy Site Navigation
This will help your visitor to get access to contents easily on your website
9. Use Press Releases for Fast Exposure
10. Email Marketing
11. Forum Marketing
12. Classified Ads