It's been years since blogging has been introduced. But it's just recently that it has been considered as one of the addicting fads. Many teenagers have resorted to blogging as an outlet for their emotions, a little online nook where they can blurt out whatever just bugs them or whatever makes them feel elated. Savvy marketers have discovered that blogging is one of the best Internet marketing methods that won't cost you a cent.
What exactly is blogging? Blog is the widely used term that refers to web log. Basically, a blog is an online journal. A blog could be set up to no cost at all, and can be used for just for the fun of it or for business reasons.
Blogging for your Internet business is one surefire way to boost the visibility of your products and services. Here are a few ways to boost your internet advertising, free internet marketing method with the help of a blog:
- Make your clients or customers abreast on your website's alterations. Your new products and affiliate websites could also be announced through your blog.
- Keep track of your business objectives and plans through open writing. Your blog content can be easily stored through archives. What could be better than searchable information that could be easily accessed by anyone browsing the web, right?
- Air your opinions, advice or reviews on specific services or products that are related to your business. Publishing is a very easy process with blogging.
- Include links that will fetch back links and subsequently improve your ranking on search engines. This could be better executed through putting well-written articles in your website. Affiliate links could also be included in your blog to earn more extra income.
- Collect response through the ability of blogs to fetch comments from your blog readers. You can learn and improve your products and services through with the feedback from your readers.
- Connect easily with other bloggers. When other bloggers notice that you have something good in your blog, they will put you in their favorite lists that will automatically link you to their blogs.
So, how do you set up a blog? Here are some of the options you can make use of to take advantage of this fun way to advertise your Internet business.
Either you load a blogging software or let a blogging hosting service do it for you. Host services such as LiveJournal and Blogger.com are the most popular in this field. Another is myzne.com. Those hosts will provide you with easy instructions on how to put up your blog.
Blogging: What Do You Blog About?
So, you have taken the steps to have your own personal blog page. You have decided on a clever name. You have created an eye-catching theme. Now comes the best part: writing your blog.
Have you been there? Perhaps you were a little too impulsive, setting up a blog page before you had a clue as to its purpose – what your platform would be.
Well, guess what? This is not rocket science. Whether just for your own personal pleasure or for purposes of making money, first and foremost, blogging should be fun. Equally important: You need to incorporate yourself, YOUR voice, into your writing. Otherwise it will sound constrained, effected … phony. Readers can tell if you are trying to be something other than yourself.
Did you have a purpose in mind when you decided to take up blogging? Did you want to promote a business? Reach out to others who share a common interest or circumstance? Perhaps you love cruising and wanted to share experiences and pointers with other cruisers. Perhaps you are a dog lover and want your blog to address pet care issues. Maybe you want to establish a web page to market products or promote an online business. OR perhaps, like so many other bloggers out there, you just want a platform in which you can share your thoughts, a kind of journal to share with the worldwide web community. A weblog = BLOG.
Whatever your reason, the possibilities are unlimited as far as what you discuss on your blog. You can even break your web page into categories: Women's issues, book or movie reviews, pet Peeves, current events. What were you doing on 9/11/01? Blog about it. What are the latest fashion trends? Blog about it. Redecorating your house? Selling it? Preparing for a garage sale? Write. Write. Write.
You would be wise to browse other blog pages and see how others are managing their blogs. Soon you will begin to recognize the blogs that stand out and have an appeal. When you do, analyze why this is so and try to emulate their methods.
Blogging can be a hobby or it can be a money-making venture. Either way, it is important to build up a trust with your readers. Give them a reason to come back and then, occasionally, if it fits the blog post or is relevant, recommend a product or sign up with Adsense and let them insert relevant ads at the side of your page. Just make sure not to appear to be focused on profiting from your readership.
Pretty soon the ideas will flow freely. Your blogs do not have to be deep and meaningful. Life is meaningful enough and diversions are a welcome relief. It will take awhile to develop a following, but, if you are consistent and regular, eventually readers will start coming and, if they like what they see, they will keep coming.
The key is to get started, write regularly and BE YOURSELF. It is a whole new world out there. The world of blogging. Go ahead and join in!