Bluehost Web Hosting Reviews – Don’t Buy Until You Read This Review Of Bluehost Web Hosting
Overview of Bluehost Web Hosting Service
Tech Support: 4.5 out of 5
Speed: 4 out of 5
Reliability: 5 out of 5
Price: 4.5 out of 5
Ease of Use: 5 out of 5
Overall Rating: 4.6 stars out of 5 Rating (92 out of 100 Points)
Server Locations: United States (Provo & Orem, Utah), Asia (Hong Kong, HK; Mumbai, India; & Shanghai, China), and Europe (London, UK)
Price Range: $3.49 to $209.99 (Click Here)
Owner: Endurance International Group
Who it’s for: small and large online business owners, Webmasters and Bloggers who are looking for a reliable web host, WordPress users, those who want more features and a dedicated support team of WordPress experts, those on a budget, want budget-friendly web host and are satisfied with shared hosting.
Customer Support: Phone, Live Chat, & Issue Tickets
Refund Policy: 30 day money-back guarantee!
Buy Website Hosting With BlueHost Cheap Web Hosting Plans
About Bluehost Web Hosting Service
Bluehost is a very large, reputable web hosting company owned by Endurance International Group. It is one of the best and leading web solutions services providers. Rated as #1 in web hosting for small businesses.
It is one of the top twenty web hosting companies online, among the most popular, inexpensive, shared hosting options available anywhere with a free domain name registration for one year for new users.
Bluehost Web Hosting Background
Since www.bluehost.com was founded in 2003 by Matt Heaton and Danny Ashworth in Provo, Utah, it has continually innovated new ways to improve and deliver on its mission to empower people to fully harness the web.
BlueHost was acquired by Endurance International Group in 2010 which made the original founder of the company Matt Heaton to step down in 2011 as the CEO to focus on the company hosting platform’s design and technical structure, while CEO Dan Handy took over as the new CEO
In 2015, Endurance International Group replaced Dan with Mike Olson as the new CEO of Bluehost, while Dan Handy moved to enterprise-wide mobile development for small businesses.
Besides www.bluehost.com in USA there are other subsidiaries such as bluehost uk hosting,
bluehost india hosting, bluehost brazil hosting, and www.bluehost com español
The same company, EIG who owns hostgator.com is also bluehost owner.
What is bluehost.com
Based in Orem, Utah, the Bluehost web hosting company provides comprehensive web hosting tools to over 2 million of users throughout the world.
It collectively hosts well over 2 million domains with its sister companies, HostMonster, FastDomain and iPage. The web host supports thousands of customers, prospects and other users every day.
The hosting company is #1 recommended hosting by WordPress.org and they have 1-Click installations in all their hosting plans.
From my experience with Bluehost staff online, the company has a dedicated and courteous team of 750+ to help their customers around the clock, 24/7.
I am really impressed by the knowledge of their staff particularly on WordPress. Each time I needed solution to a problem they never failed for once to provide it. I have never spent up to 5 minutes to get attention with their live chat to date.
I had spent over 30 minutes to 24 hours just trying to get across to a staff at the web hosting service provider live chat support I left out of frustration before migrating my websites to Bluehost. I have no regrets for taking that decision to date.
Millions of people use Bluehost to set up their websites using WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, etc.
Bluehost hosts about 1.4% of the global market share for hosting companies.
Who is Bluehost Best For?
- Bluehost is excellent for you, if you are on a budget and just want general-purpose shared hosting. You only need to be careful of any upselling.
- If you are looking for a reliable web host with a very good reputation, www.bluehost.com is one of the best choice you can make. Bluehost is one of the oldest names in the business and has established trust with most of their customers.
- Bluehost is good for you if you are using WordPress and are willing to pay extra to get access to many features and a dedicated support team of WordPress experts.
- The company is excellent for owners of both large and small businesses.
Some Key Features of Bluehost Web Hosting:
- BlueHost has been among the best in the shared hosting plans since 1996. They are highly respected and one of the well-known shared hosts worldwide. They have been consistent with the quality of their service through all these years, despite a few minor problems they were able to quickly got over in the past.
- Bluehost Hosting Prices: Bluehost has the best cheap web hosting plans among the top players in the hosting industry.
- Still Bluehost has always been popular for its shared Linux hosting since its inception till now. Their shared Linux hosting is full of many useful features.
- Bluehost now offers in addition, advanced Bluehost Shared Hosting Pro plan, Bluehost Pro Web Hosting including Bluehost Business Pro Plan, Bluehost VPS hosting plan and Bluehost dedicated servers hosting plan.
- Bluehost is noted for their highly configured servers and regular upgrades of their hardware.
- The web hosting company servers run 16-core AMD Opteron chips (2.4 GHz) with 8 processors, 256 GB RAM, & SSDs. There is quick intervention and replacement whenever any hardware fails.
- Their account isolation technology isolates any hosting account with websites that are consuming too much resources. This strategy helps them to prevent degradation of the overall performance of their server to all their customers’ sites on any affected server.
- Has Built-in CDN (Content Delivery Network) support with CloudFlare integration. This feature enhances all static resources to load faster from CloudFlare’s worldwide CDN network.
- Pro plan guarantees 80% less client domains on server architecture for better performance.
- Unique IPs, SSL, and SiteLock protection.
- Bluehost takes Security of websites on their servers as a priority. The security features on Bluehost is among the best anywhere online. They offer good protection for your website.
- The web hosting company offers various security features such as an IP address blacklist, password protected directories, email account and user account filters, and access to manage digital certificates and private keys. Bluehost has secure shell access (SSH) so web devs and admins can access config files securely.
- They offer single-click integration with CloudFlare. This feature provides excellent security and speeds up your site! CloudFlare is particularly good for thwarting DDOS attacks.
- Bluehost also integrates three layers of anti-spam protection in form of Spam Experts, Apache Spam Assassin, and Spam Hammer. They also protect your inbox as well while you can easily set up filters. Your directories are also password-protected
- The new bluehost cloud hosting platform combines OpenStack, Nginx, Varnish Cache, & CDN support.
- Bluehost eCommerce Features. It is easy to set up an online store with Bluehost, as they offer a variety of shopping carts such as: Zen, Cube, Agora, and OS Commerce. You get SSL security for your transactions, a certificate generated for free, and OpenPGP/GPG Encryption.
- Bluehost provides the world standard Cpanel to all its hosting clients as the hosting control panel. Their cPanel is customized and the user interface looks a lot user friendly than the regular cPanel default skin.
- Their cPanel is feature-packed and integrated with Page Speed Grader, CloudFlare, Google Apps and many other tools.
- Almost every hosting plan has free, unlimited email accounts. There are some limits as to how many emails in an hour you can send, so if your site is demanding in terms of sending emails, use some third party Email Service Providers. The best Email Marketing Services online are Aweber, Getresponse, Mailchimp, Constant Contact, Drip, ConvertKit, Campaign Monitor, ActiveCampaign.
- Hosting plans are integrated with automatic daily backups for all your website data, and stored files.
- Easy upgrading of hosting plans without any hitch. You can easily move from one plan to another. You can migrate to their VPS or a dedicated server without any problems while moving your website.
- Multiple user-access control mechanism to assign multiples users and restrict their access to specific sections of the same hosting account.
- FREE SSL Certificate.
- Bluehost 1-Click WordPress Installs. Set up your WordPress web site with just one click and manage all your installations from one place.
- Helpful 24/7 technical support. Bluehost has an excellent 24×7 Live Chat, Mail Support, & Phone Support. Their phone support is among the best in the industry. Whereas many web hosting services do not offer phone support for shared hosting plans. In addition to the above, the company offers a knowledge database portal where users can check out video tutorials.
- Free domain name registration and $200 in ad credits included on shared Linux plans for new customers.
- Bluehost toll free number for customers.
- Contrary to negative reviews, Bluehost has a generous money back guarantee on all their hosting plans with a 30-day Money-back Guarantee. Bluehost has a 30-day full refund policy. If for any reason, you cancel your hosting within the first 30 days of signing up, you will get a full refund. Even if you cancel after 30 days, you will receive a prorated refund of your hosting plan payment.
Bluehost Pro & Cons
You should weigh the pros and cons of using Bluehost before you decide whether the web host is the best for your need.
Pros of Bluehost Web Hosting:
- When you purchase a shared hosting plan, you get a free domain name for 1 year included with your bluehost shared hosting plan.
- Uptime for the web host is confirmed to be 99.85%, which is one of the highest among the web hosting service providers.
- The web hosting company has been operating since 2003 and getting stronger every year. So, the company is well-established and that makes your website secured.
- According to Consumer Rankings of November 2017 of Bluehost web host review, Bluehost was rated at 9.7 out of 10 by users.
- A budget-friendly web host that offers a standard cPanel and LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) setup.
- Affordable shared Linux hosting for “unlimited” websites with cPanel.
- Managed WordPress plans support unlimited sites and over 600 million visits per month.
- Their enhanced cPanel is really easy to use and offers fast access to various features.
- They have some of the world’s fastest servers which helps your website in terms of visitors and search engines response and rating of your site.
- True resource management. This helps to prevent degradation of the overall performance of any of their servers whenever some websites are consuming too much resources.
- Bluehost are recommended as the “Number One” choice for WordPress hosting by WordPress.org and Automattic, a web development corporation. BlueHost is specially recognized and officially recommended by WordPress.org. It tops the list of the best hosting recommendations by the official WordPress.org blog. Although, WordPress.org also endorses SiteGround, DreamHost, and Flywheel hosting providers.
- Most plans include unlimited disk storage, domain hosting, email addresses.
- Numerous databases are available, including MySQL, PostgreSQL, CGI-BIN, PHP, Python, Perl, Ruby on Rails, and much more.
- Bluehost is one of the few web hosting service providers that offer Nginx and Varnish Cache integration as part of their cloud hosting and managed WordPress services.
- Bluehost also offers single-click integration with CloudFlare.
- Many free website scripts are available on their cpanel, including social networking scripts, blog support, mailing lists, message forums, Joomla and Drupal and Tikiwiki.
- eCommerce features are good with multiple shopping carts available and SSL security.
- From most of the customers’ experience and various hosting monitoring report, Bluehost server is rated as fast. When you integrate with CloudFlare, you will even get a faster performance.
- Undoubtedly, Bluehost excels in the area of Security. They offer single-click integration with CloudFlare.
- Premium anti-spam solutions built right in cPanel.
- VPS & dedicated server packages are cheap compared to competitors with the same hardware.
- Bluehost SSH Secure Shell for securely getting access to your configuration files.
- If for any reason you have to block access to your site, you have the option to blacklist IP addresses.
- Bluehost has for all its hosting plans a 30-day money back guarantee. If you cancel within the first 30 days, you will get a full refund. If you cancel your hosting after 30 days, you will get a prorated refund for the remaining period of your hosting term which you have not used. This applies only to hosting, as domain fees are not refundable.
- Bluehost easy-to-use-custom-cPanel-interface makes it easy for you to set up your website and manage it. Their customized user friendly cPanel makes it easy to click on any icon which takes you to where you want to work.
- Bluehost WordPress hosting is undoubtedly considered to be top-notch compared with others.
- BlueHost offers a variety of hosting plans that no matter your hosting need, there must be a hosting plan that would effectively satisfy your need.
- Their knowledge database is excellent and can meet most of the needs of those who feel they don’t need bluehost live chat support or telephone support or cannot afford to wait for bluehost phone support or chat support.
Cons of Bluehost:
- Bluehost is not perfect just like any other top-notch web hosting service. There have been some downsides in the past. There was massive downtime at their Utah data center twice in 2014.
- There are mixed reviews for Bluehost customer support. Many customers complain of inability to get the customer service when needed even with many phone calls while there are great testimonials from others for excellent customer support.
- Excessive upselling from Bluehost. The web hosting company up-sells various upgrades and add-ons to its customers. Although helpful, if one can afford them, this can be a problem if you are on a tight budget.
- Bluehost managed WordPress hosting plans, though integrated with powerful features, but expensive compared with WordPress hosting plans offered by some other top competitors.
- The company has so many useful add-ons that are very useful and with the functionality you may need, but you need to pay for each of them individually before installation.
- Bluehost has extensive web hosting plans and packages. This may be counter –productive and overwhelm customers who are just starting out and are quite new to web hosting. They may be confused in the choice of the right hosting plan.
BlueHost is one of the few web hosting companies that offer 24×7 phone, live-chat and email support. I’ve found their support impressive, anytime I needed them to answer general tech problems or looking up for quick solution to site-specific issues.
Bluehost Web Hosting Review
In addition to these great savings on your hosting services, Bluuehost will offer you $15.99 Domain Registration coupon for the first 12 months of registration.
The Pro Package has 80% less accounts per server which gives their customers more resources per account (more CPU usage, disk usage, bandwidth). It offers more speed, more power, with less users. More CPU, memory and resources for $25.99 / month (Saves you over $225 per year over the cost of buying these features separately!)
Bluehost Shared Hosting Pricing
|One Free Domain Registration||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year|
|One Free Domain Privacy||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|Free Dedicated IP||No||No||No||Yes|
|Free SSL Certificate||No||No||No||Yes|
|Site Backup Pro||Basic||Basic||Pro||Pro|
|SpamExperts||No||1 Domain||1 Domain||2 Domains|
|12 Month Term||$8.99||$12.99||$16.99||$25.99|
|24 Month Term||$8.49||$11.99||$15.99||$24.99|
|36 Month Term||$2.95 instead of $7.99||$5.45 instead of $10.99||$5.45 instead of $14.99||$23.99|
With this Bluehost Shared Hosting Review, you should be able to easily choose a hosting plan for your business web site now.
2. Bluehost Optimized Hosting for WordPress Review
Bluehost is one of the highly-recommended hosting services for hosting WordPress sites.
Bluehost Official WordPress.Org Recommended Host
The web host is Official WordPress.Org Recommended Host. It is one of the four reputable and trusted hosting companies recommended by WordPress for WordPress Web Hosting with over 2 million websites on their servers. The other two hosting services recommended for WordPress Web Hosting by WordPress are SiteGround and DreamHost
WordPress experts from the hosting service provider and WordPress.Org team have teamed up since 2005 to build a great CMS, WordPress hosting platform for professional and well secured websites.
Their 24/7 expert support is always available to help when you need help by phone, email, or live chat.
Bluehost Optimized Hosting for WordPress plans prices start at $19.99/month.
Bluehost Managed WordPress Hosting plans are quite expensive compared to what some other top notch competitors offer.
|blogger *||professional *||business *||enterprise *|
Bluehost Managed WordPress Blogger level include 100 million visits per month, 30 GB of storage, 30 GB of backup space, 2 GB of RAM, and up to five sites. You get one free domain. Additional features include enhanced cPanel, SiteLock CDN, and SiteLock Pro for added security.
With their top-level Enterprise plan you get unlimited monthly bandwidth, 240 GB of storage and backup space, 8 GB of RAM and up to 30 sites. You also get one free domain for 1 year. Along with enhanced cPanel and SiteLock CDN/WAF Pro, you get SiteLock Enterprise and Positive Wildcard SSL
All their plans are backed by 24/7 technical support service and a 30-day money-back guarantee. These plans also include automatic plug-in updates and daily backups.
Bluehost support staff can offer first-class customer support and troubleshoot even complex problems which are unique to WP.
If you’re looking for a reliable web host for your website, then Bluehost Managed WordPress Hosting should be considered as a top priority.
3. Bluehost VPS Hosting Review
Bluehost’s virtual private servers (VPS) are built using SSD storage, enStack .
This feature gives you increased power, flexibility,and control for your websites.
Their VPS servers are designed to provision immediately instead of days with some other web hosting companies.
Bluehost VPS hosting offers automatic site backup in addition to a restore tool that you can use daily. The backup provides zip archives for databases, large files and folders allowing versions of website content to be restored with ease. The one-click restore tool recovers individual files or groups of files and folders instantly and flawlessly which makes life easy for you whenever need that service.
Bluehost VPS Hosting Plan pricing
The prices for Bluehost vps server hosting with ssd storage are very competitive. They also provide significant savings on their introductory vps pricing.
|standard *||enhanced *||premium *||ultimate *|
|* $15 off 1st mo||* $30 off 1st mo||* $45 off 1st mo||* $60 off 1st mo|
4. Bluehost Dedicated Server Hosting Review
Bluehost’s servers are built and maintained in-house to optimize your site’s response times. It is therefore easy to quickly resolve any technical issues that their customers may face by their expert technical support.
Bluehost’s dedicated server hosting pricing is also very competitive to other dedicated hosting providers.
Bluehost Dedicated Server Hosting Plan Pricing
|standard *||enhanced *||premium *|
|* $75 off 1st mo||* $100 off 1st mo||* 125 off 1st mo|
5. Bluehost Cloud Hosting Review
Bluehost’s Cloud hosting services are great value for your money compared to other cloud hosting service.
You can build your web site on bluehost Cloud server starting at only $6.95/month. Just like any other Bluehost hosting plan, they have their usual offer of 30-Day money-back guarantee for their Cloud Hosting Plans.
Bluehost Cloud Hosting Plan Pricing
Disclosure: Though, I have been thorough and honest in my reviews of Bluehost web hosting plans I get a commission when you click a few of the links that are affiliate links on this page and purchase hosting. That’s what I use to maintain this website. Purchasing through any link on this site is never going to make you incur any additional cost. Rather, every effort has been made to ensure that you get the best price when you use any link on this website.